Watch, Text, & Win Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. or Minnesota residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WUCW viewing area, and become a member of the WUCW Text Club as further described below.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WUCW, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WUCW (the “Station”), Minnetonka Boat Club & Rental, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household, if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per day per mobile phone number or on thecwtc.com. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) Weeknights, viewers will be prompted to watch Family Feud, Monday-Friday 6pm-7pm and watch for the daily keyword to pop up on the screen. Text that night’s keyword ‘Feud, Water, Sunshine, Pontoon or Survey’ to 58447 from your mobile phone. Text STOP to 58447 to cancel. Text HELP to 58447 for help. By entering, all entrants will be automatically registered for the WUCW Text Club. By registering, text club members will receive up to one (1) text message per week. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent and only one text per phone number will be accepted. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) Alternatively, viewers may enter online by completing the entry form on http://www.thecwtc.com including your name, phone number, and birth date.
(d) The contest starts on August 12, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on August 16, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. CDT each day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing on the following weekday.. Station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e)Each weekday during the Contest Period, r, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid and correct entries, for a total of five (5) winners. Online entries will only be included in the final drawing of the contest, which will also include all valid entries from Friday’s keyword. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the following weekday drawing.
(f) By entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestant’s information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Five (5) winners will each receive a 5-hour Pontoon rental from Minnetonka Boat Club & Rental. The pontoon rental is subject to availability and valid Monday through Thursday only until September 15, 2013. Estimated value $225.00. The rental does not include a captain (available for additional fee), gas for pontoon, or any other expenses. The pontoon boat rental is subject to Minnetonka Boat Club & Rental standard rental terms and conditions.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification, at the time winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Winner may be required to sign additional documents for the pontoon boat rental.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 10 days, or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries for the respective daily drawing.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received each day.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WUCW, 1640 Como Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Minnetonka Boat Giveaway, 1640 Como Ave St Paul MN 55108 by September 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WUCW, LLC, and Minnetonka Boat Club & Rental accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.