Source Comics and Games Scratch & Win Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. or Minnesota residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WUCW viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WUCW, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WUCW (the “Station”), Source Comics & Games, Entertainment Marketing Group, (collectively, the “Sponsor”), Imobile, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per mobile device, per day.
How to Play/Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one instant win per entrant, per day. Entrants may play the game once per day during the Contest Period, up until such date entrant may become an instant winner. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To play/enter, text “SOURCE” to 58447 from your mobile phone. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Alternatively, use a QR code reader (scanner) on your mobile device to link to play. Entrants will then receive a link to the game on the screen of his/her mobile device. Data rates may apply. Entrants will be required to enter his/her email address and verify age before starting the game. The game will indicate the number of matches required to win a prize, and the prize for such game. Text STOP to 58447 to cancel. Text HELP to 58447 for help. By entering, all entrants will be automatically registered for the WUCW Text Club. By registering, text club members may receive up to one (1) text message per week from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent and only one text per phone number will be accepted. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) At the conclusion of the game if the entrant is not an instant winner, then such entrant will be automatically entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
(d) The contest starts at 9:00 am CST on December 13, 2013, and ends on the earlier to occur of (1) when all available prizes have been won, or (2) at 12:00 am CST on December 22, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries for the grand prize must be received by Station by 12:00 am CST on December 22, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, mobile device failure, any other electronic malfunction, or if any text message is not received.
(e) The maximum number of instant winners for this contest game is two (2) per day, for a total of up to eighteen (18) instant winners. Instant winners will be determined at the time each game is played. On December 23, 2013, one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among valid entries received.
(f) By playing/entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestant’s information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sponsor and the Station.
1. Up to eighteen (18) instant winners will each receive a CW23 prize pack includes canvas bag, t-shirt, PS3 game (TBD) and keychain. Estimated retail value $40.00. Prize must be picked up by January 5, 2014.
One (1) grand prize winner will receive a PlayStation 3 console and a $200 gift card for Newegg.com. Estimated value $450.00. The prize must be picked up by January 10, 2014.
2. Winners will be notified by phone/mobile device. Each instant winner will receive an email notification with instructions to print out the voucher and go to Source Comics & Games to claim prize. Instant winners will then claim his/her prize in person at the Sponsor’s participating location within by the expiration date, and will be required to present the coupon/voucher. As a condition of playing and winning, instant winners hereby (i) represent that they have complied with all the rules and regulations of this contest, have not perpetrated any fraud or deception in entering this contest or claiming a prize, and are not an employee of the Station, Sponsor, or their affiliated companies; and (ii) agree to INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS and COVENANT NOT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and all sponsors, their owners, stockholders, directors, board of trustees, officers, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns and each and every person acting by, through, under or in concert with them, or any of them (hereinafter collectively and individually referred to as “Releases”) of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent (hereinafter referred to as “Claims”) which instant winner may have or hereafter have against Releases by reason of any injuries or damages that winner may sustain, whether to his/her person, property or reputation, as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the contest or his/her use of the prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Station shall not be responsible in the event an instant winner prize is lost in the mail. In such event, the prize will not be replaced.
The grand prize winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If an instant winner does not claim his/her prize within 10 days of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and then the prize will remain the property of the Station or Sponsor. If the grand prize winner does not claim his/her prize within ten (10) days of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station or Sponsor(s). The Station or Sponsor(s) have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household, per day.
7. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning an instant prize depend on the number of players. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WUCW, 1640 Como Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Source Comics Scratch & Win, 1640 Como Ave St Paul MN 55108 by December 31, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WUCW, LLC, Source Comics & Games, Entertainment Marketing Group, and Imobile, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.