Dairy Queen Scratch & Win Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. or Minnesota residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WUCW viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WUCW, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WUCW (the “Station”), Dairy Queen, Entertainment Marketing Group, Water Park of America, Radisson Bloomington Hotel (collectively, the “Sponsor”), Imobile, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per mobile device, per day.
How to Play/Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one instant win per entrant, per day. Entrants may play the game once per day during the Contest Period, up until such date entrant may become an instant winner. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To play/enter, text “DQ” to 58447 from your mobile phone. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Alternatively, use a QR code reader (scanner) on your mobile device to link to play. Entrants will then receive an automated text message link to the game on the screen of his/her mobile device. Data rates may apply. Entrants will be required to enter his/her email address and verify age before starting the game. The game will indicate the number of matches required to win a prize, and the prize for such game. Text STOP to 58447 to cancel. Text HELP to 58447 for help. By entering, all entrants will be automatically registered for the DQ Text Club. By registering, text club members may receive up to one (1) text message per week from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent and only one text per phone number will be accepted. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) At the conclusion of the game if the entrant is not an instant winner, then such entrant will be automatically entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
(d) The contest starts at 9:00 am CST on November 13, 2013, and ends on the earlier to occur of (1) when all available prizes have been won, or (2) at 12:00 am CST on November 27, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries for the grand prize must be received by Station by 12:00 am CST on November 27, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, mobile device failure, any other electronic malfunction, or if any text message is not received.
(e) The maximum number of instant winners for this contest game is thirteen (13) per day, for a total of up to one hundred ninety five (195) instant winners. Instant winners will be determined at the time each game is played. On November 29, 2013, one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among valid entries received.
(f) By playing/entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestant’s information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sponsor and the Station.
1. Up to forty-five (45) instant winners will each receive an All-day Water Park of America pass. Estimated value $29.00. Prize expires 10/13/2014.
Up to one hundred-fifty (150) instant winners will each receive one (1) coupon valid for a Chicken Strip Basket at Dairy Queen. Estimated value $6.50. The prize expires 3/31/2014.
One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1)-night hotel accommodations, one room, quadruple occupancy, at the Radisson Bloomington Hotel and four (4) Water Park of America passes. Estimated value $180.00. The hotel accommodations are subject to reservation, availability, and black-out dates. The grand prize does not include transportation, meals, gratuities, travel insurance, or any other expenses. The prize must be used by 10/31/2014.
2. Winners will be notified by phone/mobile device. Each instant winner will receive a mobile notification with instructions to enter his/her name and address to that the prize voucher can be mailed to each winner. Instant winners will then claim his/her prize in person at the Sponsor’s participating location within by the expiration date, and will be required to present the coupon/voucher. As a condition of playing and winning, instant winners hereby (i) represent that they have complied with all the rules and regulations of this contest, have not perpetrated any fraud or deception in entering this contest or claiming a prize, and are not an employee of the Station, Sponsor, or their affiliated companies; and (ii) agree to INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS and COVENANT NOT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and all sponsors, their owners, stockholders, directors, board of trustees, officers, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns and each and every person acting by, through, under or in concert with them, or any of them (hereinafter collectively and individually referred to as “Releases”) of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent (hereinafter referred to as “Claims”) which instant winner may have or hereafter have against Releases by reason of any injuries or damages that winner may sustain, whether to his/her person, property or reputation, as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the contest or his/her use of the prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Station shall not be responsible in the event an instant winner prize is lost in the mail. In such event, the prize will not be replaced.
The grand prize winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. All person traveling with the grand prize winner must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If an instant winner does not claim his/her prize within 10 days of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and then the prize will remain the property of the Station or Sponsor. If the grand prize winner does not claim his/her prize within ten (10) days of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station or Sponsor(s). The Station or Sponsor(s) have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household, per day.
7. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning are 1 in 10 scratch off games. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WUCW, 1640 Como Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to DQ Scratch & Win, 1640 Como Ave St Paul MN 55108 by December 31, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WUCW, LLC, Dairy Queen, Entertainment Marketing Group, Water Park of America, and Radisson Bloomington Hotel accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.